Hello there, and welcome! You may notice that this is is not a normal ha.ckers.org page. Nope, there's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. However, one thing is for certain, it'll be fun. One caveat here - if you don't know the basics of HTTP it's probably not even worth trying.
Here are the rules:
- No spoilers, if I see people telling their friends, I'm not giving anything to anyone. No exceptions. Trust me, I'll know.
- No DoSing me with possible answers. Only money. DoSing me with money is cool.
- No begging me for the answer. If you don't know how to play the game, sit back and wait for the answer to come out. Or try and learn. Whichever. Just don't annoy me, kay?
- Answers will only be accepted for a few days or until we run out of tee-shirts, whichever comes last. If no one figures it out, maybe we'll stretch things out a bit, but no promises.
- If you figure it out first, you rock, but that doesn't give you the right to go tell everyone how you did it. As my ridiculously pretty spanish teacher once told me, "You may collaberate, but no cheating." Listen to the pretty lady. I know you guys are hackers, so you're going to cheat, but if I catch you, it's game over.
- I'm logging everything. It's a rule. Don't like it? Leave.
- Everything you need to find the answer to the challenge is within this directory /challenge/ don't go rooting around other places on the site wasting tons of my bandwidth and your time. Just focus on this directory.
- There will only be ten winners. No more, the rest of you can buy a shirt. "I didn't see it on time" is not an excuse. You should be hanging on our every word/post!
- There are red-herrings and wild geese to follow. I couldn't make it completely straight forward. That's no fun.
- Some parts are hard, some parts are easy, don't whine because it's not "fair" it's not supposed to be, get over it.
- Have fun.
"But wait, what's the goal, what are we looking for?" The directions are actually part of what you need to find. Just a small hint though for people who think they've solved it - there are four parts to this. So, have at it.
Let the sleuthing skills begin:
The contest is now closed. We have all 10 winners! All the contest functionality is still live, so you can try if you like, but no more prizes are being awarded.