Hello there, and welcome to the ha.ckers.org Challenge #2! You may notice that this is is not a normal ha.ckers.org page. Nope, there's a lot more going on here than meets the eye. However, one thing is for certain, it'll be fun. One caveat here - if you don't know the basics of HTTP and web application security it's probably not even worth trying.
Here are the rules:
- No spoilers, if I see people telling their friends, I'm not giving anything to anyone. No exceptions. Trust me, I'll know.
- No DoSing me with possible answers. Only money. DoSing me with money is cool.
- No begging me for the answer or for hints. If you don't know how to play the game, sit back and wait for the answer to come out. Or try and learn. Whichever. Just don't annoy me, kay?
- There will only be ten winners. No more, the rest of you can buy your own prizes. "I didn't see it on time" is not an excuse. You should be hanging on our every word/post!
- If you figure it out first, you rock, but that doesn't give you the right to go tell everyone how you did it. As my ridiculously pretty spanish teacher once told me, "You may collaberate, but no cheating." Listen to the pretty lady. I know you guys/girls are hackers, so you're going to cheat, but if I catch you, it's game over.
- I'm logging everything. It's a rule. Don't like it? Leave.
- Everything you need to find the answer to the challenge is within this directory don't go rooting around other places on the site wasting tons of my bandwidth and your time. Just focus on this directory.
- There are red-herrings and wild geese to follow. I can't make this completely straight forward. That's no fun. Also, having prior knowledge of previous challenges may or may not help you. I'm not telling which.
- Some parts are hard, some parts are easy, don't whine because it's not "fair" it's not supposed to be, get over it.
- Have fun.
"But wait, what's the goal, what are we looking for?" As usual, the directions are actually part of the challenge. I don't give you much help, because you shouldn't need it if you know what to look for. This has 3 clues that you need to find to solve the CAPTCHA, however there's more than just solving the CAPTCHA. So, have at it.
Let the sleuthing skills begin:
The challenge is now closed. We have all 10 winners! Feel free to try the challenge out anyway though, all of the clues are still in place.